Joseph Kaufman is an experienced trial lawyer who handles cases throughout the state of California. Mr. Kaufman handles consumer protection, personal injury, business litigation and insurance bad faith cases, and is dedicated to providing effective, honest, and diligent representation to his clients.
Mr. Kaufman began his career with a national products liability defense firm that focused on the defense and representation of automobile companies and product defect and breach of warranty cases. After a few years, Mr. Kaufman moved to the Los Angeles office of a preeminent international law firm, where he was elevated to partner in 2012. He has experience litigating a wide variety of consumer protection, personal injury, business litigation, insurance bad faith and lemon law cases, having tried or arbitrated dozens of cases, and having resolved hundreds if not thousands of other lawsuits through negotiation or mediation.
Washington and Lee University, J.D.
- Institute on International and Comparative Law in Paris, France
- Caseworker with the Black Lung Clinic
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- Named as a Rising Star in Southern California Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers (2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016)
- Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine (2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015)
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “The Statute of Limitations and Older Vehicles: Defending Against the Latest Trend in Lemon Law Litigation,” 2014 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Author, “Mediation – Past is Prologue,” DRI Today, 2014.
- Presenter, “Mediation 101: I Wish I Knew Then What I Know Now,” DRI’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Webcast, 2013.
- Co-author, “What China’s Lemon Law Will Mean For Manufacturers,” Law360, 2013.
- Presenter, “Common Offset Issues in Buy Back or Replacement Transactions,” 2013 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Pre-Litigation Management of Customer Claims,” 2012 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Dealer Training – Avoiding the Bus,” 2011 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Improving the Dealer’s Role,” 2010 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Co-author, “Hybrid Suits Run Out of Gas,” San Francisco Daily Journal, 2009.